Sunday, August 31, 2014

Kitchen Renovation

I've made a start with the renovation of my Del Prado dolls house. I am trying to just make do with supplies I have to hand and found a tile patterned piece of wallpaper that I have used in the kitchen on the bottom half of the walls. I have left the pale green wallpaper that was already there on the top half.

I have given the chimney where the cooker sits an undercoat of gesso after filling in some gaps with polyfiller and sanding. It will need a few more coats of gesso and some more sanding yet but I think I prefer the white to the cream colour. I think I am going to repaint all the kitchen furniture white, perhaps with blue accents. I have used the same tile wallpaper to back the chimney and have inserted a brick floor in the chimney using a bit of plastic brick sheet I found in my stash.

I was going to do up the cooker but then remembered I had one the same size in my stash so I replaced it with that. I can do up the other cooker another day for another project.

Anyway, here are a few pictures:

 The kitchen as it was.
 
 The chimney and cooker as they were.
 
The tile wallpaper added to the bottom half of the walls. 
 
 The new cooker in the renovated kitchen.
 
The cooker inset in the chimney with tile backing.

 The brick floor of the chimney.
 
The kitchen.
 
I really want to replace that light shade but I'm not sure how I am going to do that yet as everything is wired and glued in. I'm sure I'll come up with some solution.
 
Lots of gesso-ing and sanding for me this week while I work on the rest of the kitchen furniture.
 
I hope you are having/have had a great weekend.

 

13 comments:

  1. I think the second oven fills the space much better. It's all coming along very well =0)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the new cooker and how your kitchen is coming together. The brick looks fabulous under the stove. Love the tile wallpaper too.
    ~Lisa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I too, love the second oven. The floor looks nice and shiny, in fact everything looks
    perfect. Great work so far!
    Hugs, Drora

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE the tiles you put on the wall!!! They look fantastic... and seem to go with the period of the house! The new cooker looks Great in the hearth .... I think you are making Great changes! It's always so much fun to see the start of a project!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for teaching me a new word - gesso-ing... ;O) Your kitchen makeover looks great, those tiles were a wonderful find, I really like their warm tone. And exchanging the cookers was a very good decision, the bigger new one fits perfectly. Hope we're going to see more soon... so go on gesso-ing!

    Hugs
    Birgit

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your "new" kitchen. The tiled paper looks fantastic and really makes your room pop. The new stove is perfect for the space. Cant wait to see more.
    Hugs Maria

    ReplyDelete
  7. Veo que la reforma está saliendo bien. Las baldosas de las paredes dan un bonito aspecto a la estancia. Colocar la cocina en esa gran chimenea ha sido buena idea.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your kitchen is coming along really nicely! I love seeing the before and after shots! xo Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  9. It looks wonderful! I do love all your choices for this scene. I keep seeing kitchen scenes around and its one of my big goals..oh I am so lost in my projects..you can some finish a few for me? ;)
    Hugs! ~J

    ReplyDelete
  10. Looking amazing. I love your floor. X

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Sharee :D!! Your kitchen make over is fantastic, this second cooker fits better. Those tiles are lovely, because blue is my favorite color, so......;)! I can't wait to see more of your kitchen. I am also working on a miniature kitchen, but mine is new, so there is still a lot of work to do for me. I want to make everything myself, tiles included.
    Hugs, Ilona

    ReplyDelete
  12. The kitchen is very nice. I like that chimney a lot. And the new cooker made the kitchen even better! Nice changes!
    Hannah

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Sharee! WoW! You have made a considerable progress already and your kitchen is looking really good! I think that you made the right decision with the new cooker and the tiles are a practical wall solution for the kitchen. The color and the size of the tiles in relation to the chimney breast is a great choice too!
    I know that you must be having Lots fun with this house, even if your Real Life house is being neglected. I always say that you have to act Fast when Mojo comes for a visit. The housework on the other hand, never leaves.

    elizabeth

    ReplyDelete