Monday, March 11, 2013

Flooring

I didn't get much done on the Selina Rose Gallery this weekend. Life kind of got in the way as it does sometimes. However, I did decide I didn't like the flooring I had. I am doing the house for my sister and I am trying to use what I have on hand where I can. I had some light coloured wood flooring and cut it to size  recently but I just didn't feel good about it. I decided to be brave and give the flooring a dark stain wash. I am much happier with the results. The result is much warmer and covered the extreme irregularities in the colouring of the original flooring while emphasising the lines of the boards.

The before and after of the flooring.

I think I am definitely motivated and creatively inspired by miniatures again. I went to the movie Oz The Great and Powerful (in 3D) today with my husband and daughter. I kept seeing ideas for miniatures amongst the scenes. I remember when I first got into photography as a hobby I started seeing photos everywhere. Now I see inspiration for miniatures. It's a good sign.

2 comments:

  1. The floor looks wonderful! So much more realistic with the stain.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes it looks great! I love the rich color.

    ReplyDelete